Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring-y Potato Salad

Today was the most beautiful day! 45 degrees and sunny...Spring is in the air! So I thought it would be fitting to have a picnic classic for lunch today--Potato Salad. The dressing is simply some Veganaise (I actually like Spectrum's Vegan Canola Mayo--it tastes more like the "real" thing), dried parsley, salt, pepper and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Throw in some chopped celery and cooked potato chunks.

Keeping the Potato Salad company is some herb-baked tofu cubes. I was going to mix the tofu in with the potato salad, but it was so crispy and yummy-looking, I had to keep it seperate. This lunch hit the spot--I love the tangy tuber salad paired with the delicious crispy baked tofu.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Potato salad sounds good - that's funny - it's something I only eat in warm months too. We have to change that.