Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pasta Salad!

Oooohhh...I love pasta salad. Simple, nourishing, easy, and the variety of textures and flavors crammed into this one humble dish is amazing--plus it's perfect for any season. I made a big bowl of this "bean-y pasta salad" so I could munch on it for dinner and snacks for a couple days.

Just cook some pasta (I prefer the Fusilli shape) in lots of boiling salted water until done to your liking. Meanwhile chop up some veggies--like cucumber, celery, carrots, etc. and mix up The Best Pasta Salad Dressing That Ever Was: 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend. Toss everything together including some drained and rinsed canned beans (I like organic "Salad Beans") then chill until ready to eat.

In the other compartment, I cut a tangerine into wedges and threw in some red grapes.

Yummy yummy in my tummy!

2 comments:

urban vegan said...

so colorful!

Matthew said...

Pasta salad and potato salad in the same week. It is spring!