Sunday, January 27, 2008

Room Service and Dessert!

This weekend was my company holiday party. We got a special deal on a room in the hotel where the party was being held-- too good to pass up. Instead of eating at the party (with little or no vegan options) we went out to a Korean restaraunt that we'd never been to. Vegetarian options in a Korean restaraunt to me, sounds like hoisin-marinated tofu with rice, kimche, flavorful stir-fried broccoli, mint and sprout spring rolls...my imagination was running wild and I couldn't wait to check out this new ethnic cuisine. But we got to the spot and the only veggie option was an ordinary, bland stir-fry! But I did try some ginger tea (made with fresh ginger) that was amazing, spicy and sweet. And we did get kimche which I always wanted to try. So, not a total loss.

After dinner, not feeling entirely satisfied, we decided to get lots of dessert from Whole Foods to bring back to the room with us. Vegan carrot cake and chocolate chip cookies from Chicago Diner and an awesome vegan brownie.
This is the carrot cake after Matt took the first couple bites. Yum!

For breakfast, instead of going out, we ordered room service!

This beautiful fruit plate (those are poppy seeds sprinkled on top), was yummy as out-of-season fruit can be.
Later in the morning, shopping at World Market, I found a Tiffin! And for $10, I snached it up in a hurry. If you've frequented Vegan Lunch Box, you know what a Tiffin is. Either way, check out my posts in the next several days to see what goodness I pack into mine. Happy eating!

No comments: