Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh My Gosh--I'm Back!

Ok, it's been way too long and I really missed blogging...but I don't have an excuse...besides being busy, of course! But I'm back and will do my very best to keep regular postings on the vegan food front.

So, the other day, Matt and I took a little trip to Whole Foods to pick up some salad ingredients. We wanted to get at least one thing we've never tried before and settled on golden beets. Oohh, are they ever yummy raw in a salad! They are sweet and crunchy and if you think you don't like regular beets, do try golden beets. We also didn't waste the beet greens. They have a wonderful earthy flavor and are packed with nutrients. Accompanying the beets and greens is romaine lettuce, baby carrots, and scallions. This was a nice hearty winter salad that we both enjoyed tremendously.

No comments: