Thursday, April 24, 2008

Walnut Sauce with Penne and Green Beans

I recently picked up The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein and I love it! Matt and I both agreed Mediterranean is overall, our favorite cuisine and we would get a lot of use out of this book. There is a recipe for homemade gnocchi which we are determined to one day (soon) try, the salad recipes sound amazing, and there are plenty of pasta and grain dishes to keep our carb cravings satisfied.
Tonight I made the Walnut Sauce, which is very much like a parsley-walnut pesto but has a hint of tomato-tang from the tomato paste and I added a little fresh spinach for extra nutrients. This is a creamy, fresh, yet rich and delightful sauce that goes perfectly with pasta, green beans and a sprinkling of walnuts.

No comments: