Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pure Pasta Yumminess...

Both of our weekend dinners were pasta! It just sounded sooooo good to both of us. So, first, we made roasted tomatoes (drizzled with balsamic, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper) and nestled them on top of some perfectly-cooked fussili then sprinkled the whole shebang with fresh basil. This was so simple yet amazingly flavorful.
These were our HUGE salads: (with crispy baked pita croutons...yes, more carbs.)

Finally, and probably my favorite was (veganized) Mushroom Ragu, from Everyday Italian by Giada DeLaurentis. All we had to do to veganize this recipe was omit the Parmesan and use veggie stock instead of chicken stock. I love how intense the flavors from the wine and stock become after they reduce.

We were planning on doing yoga shortly after this meal, so I didn't eat nearly as much of it as I had wanted to! I cannot wait to make this again...

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I had the leftovers tonight. Yum!